Chilled Pea Soup
Anna Russell of Peterborough, Ontario uses convenient frozen peas to blend together this fresh-tasting soup flecked with dill. "Serve it as a first course for a summer meal or with a tossed green salad and Fresh rolls for a main course!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the peas, broth, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Place half of the mixture at a time in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return all to the blender. Add yogurt; puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 160 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chilled Pea Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.