Chilled Pea Soup Shooters
Enjoy pea soup in a whole new way! The garnish is curried crab, which will catch everyone by surprise. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- CURRIED CRAB:
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- Place the peas, broth, mint, lime juice, cumin and salt in a blender. Cover and process until smooth. Add yogurt; process until blended. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mint, lime juice, oil, curry paste and salt. Add crabmeat; toss gently to coat. Chill until serving.
- To serve, pour soup into shot glasses; garnish with crab mixture.