Our Christmas meal always began with this refreshing, colorful cup that combines seven different fruits. You could even serve it as a light summer dessert with a scoop of lime sherbet.—Janet Wood, Windham, New Hampshire
Recommended: Non-Alcoholic Party Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium grapefruit, cut into sections
- 2 medium navel oranges, cut into sections
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 medium red apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium pear, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium banana, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Cool. In a large bowl, combine the grapefruit, oranges, lemon juice and sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir in the strawberries, apple, pear, banana and grapes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon into dessert cups. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Fruit Cups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p29