VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the berries, apple juice, water, sugar, lemon juice and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 20 minutes or until berries are softened. Strain, reserving juice. Press berry mixture through a fine meshed sieve; discard seeds. Add pulp to reserved juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place berry mixture in a food processor or blender; add yogurt. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into bowls. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Mixed Berry Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p217