Chilled Corn and Shrimp Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shoe-peg corn, thawed, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, garlic and curry; saute 4-6 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In a blender, combine the buttermilk, 2 cups corn, sour cream, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining corn and shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish servings with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 317 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Chilled Corn and Shrimp Soup
"I happened across this recipe when looking for another chilled soup recipe and thought i needed to try it. So glad i did!!! :) It's rich and filling and yummy and simple - what's not to like?! The corn adds a nice sweetness that's not overpowering. I may add more curry next time but this is definitely at the top of my summer rotation!"