Chilled Blueberry Soup
With 100 blueberry bushes in my garden, I'm always looking for recipes calling for this sweet-tart fruit. So I was delighted when my granddaughter shared this one with me. —Edith Richardson, Jasper, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add blueberries and cinnamon stick; return to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in orange juice concentrate until thawed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Discard cinnamon stick. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 221 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chilled Blueberry Soup in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002