With 100 blueberry bushes in my garden, I'm always looking for recipes calling for this sweet-tart fruit. So I was delighted when my granddaughter shared this one with me. —Edith Richardson, Jasper, Alabama
Featured In: 22 Ways to Cook with Cinnamon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add blueberries and cinnamon stick; return to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in orange juice concentrate until thawed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Discard cinnamon stick. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Blueberry Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p210