- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Add the ginger ale, milk, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; cover and process until blended.
- Pour into a large bowl; whisk in sour cream until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChilled Berry Soup
"Refreshing in strawberry season and versatile in other seasons. So easy to make - throw it in a blender, pour it in a bowl and chill it! Have only tried summer berries, but might try cranberries in the fall."
"This is a surprisingly good soup. Most people think, that its just a smoothie or yogurt until they taste it and realize how amazing it tastes. It's a refreshing and surprising dish."
"Made this recipe with my cooking students (ages 5-11) and they all loved it! easy to make and delicious to eat. Will be making again for sure!"
"I've tried several chilled fruit soups and this is my favorite by far. I've even substituted other fruits such as pineapple ands it is always a delicious hit with whomever I'm serving."
"Absolutely delicious! I love cold fruit soups! Thanks :-)"
"That looks really good! - princesponce97"