Chilled Avocado Soup
No cooking necessary for this rich and creamy soup with a kick from Edith Herring of Grand Cane, Louisiana. “I like to line the bowl with crumbled corn chips and pour the soup on top,” says Edith.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- Place avocado in a blender, cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add broth; process until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 125 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Avocado Soup in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.