VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- Minced fresh cilantro and lime slices
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a pitcher; refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, pour soup into shot glasses; top with creme fraiche, crab, cilantro and lime slices. Yield: 28 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Avocado Soup Appetizers with Crab in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014