Chilled Asparagus Salad
My sister served this salad one night when we were dinner guests. It's very easy to prepare, and the cool tangy change from eating asparagus as a hot side dish makes one sit up and take notice. My brother-in-law gets credit for creating the unique delicious salad. -Kathy Willis, Pryor, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place asparagus in a skillet; add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- To serve, drizzle asparagus with salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 152 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chilled Asparagus Salad in Reminisce Extra April 2001