Chilled Asparagus Salad
My sister served this salad one night when we were dinner guests. It's very easy to prepare, and the cool tangy change from eating asparagus as a hot side dish makes one sit up and take notice. My brother-in-law gets credit for creating the unique delicious salad. -Kathy Willis, Pryor, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place asparagus in a skillet; add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- To serve, drizzle asparagus with salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 152 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chilled Asparagus Salad in Reminisce Extra April 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.