My sister served this salad one night when we were dinner guests. It's very easy to prepare, and the cool tangy change from eating asparagus as a hot side dish makes one sit up and take notice. My brother-in-law gets credit for creating the unique delicious salad. -Kathy Willis, Pryor, Oklahoma
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place asparagus in a skillet; add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- To serve, drizzle asparagus with salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Asparagus Salad in Reminisce Extra April 2001, p53