Chili with Tortilla Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makes6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is not longer pink; drain. Add the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Halve each tortilla and cut into 1/4 in. strips. Gently stir into soup; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tortillas are softened. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 339 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2018
Almost 8yrs after 1st review and still making this! It's the perfect Halloween food along with bloody stuffed shells eyeballs and chicken cutlet hands, lol..... Just take a chicken cutlet and make 4 slices to about 1/2 way down. This makes 5 fingers. Bread as usual and either deep fry or pan fry. Now you have chicken hands, lol.... I deep fry so they come out a bit knarly!
Dec 31, 2015
I tried this recipe on Christmas Eve. My family devoured it. I made it again two days later for my husband and myself. All I can say is that this is the best recipe for chilli that I have ever made.
Mar 23, 2011
I've made this 5x since finding the recipe. My teen n her friends gobble this up!!