Chili with Tortilla Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makes6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is not longer pink; drain. Add the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Halve each tortilla and cut into 1/4 in. strips. Gently stir into soup; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tortillas are softened. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 339 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 31, 2015
I tried this recipe on Christmas Eve. My family devoured it. I made it again two days later for my husband and myself. All I can say is that this is the best recipe for chilli that I have ever made.
Mar 23, 2011
I've made this 5x since finding the recipe. My teen n her friends gobble this up!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.