- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Combine the chili sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon salt; brush over steak. Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green and yellow peppers in oil until tender. Add the garlic, pepper and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish. Slice steak and serve with pepper mixture and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChili Steak & Peppers
"Delicious! I made this once & my husband asked to have it again within just a few weeks. Great way to use peppers from the garden."