Chili Spiced Popcorn
"For munching anytime, this savory snack is a fun alternative to popcorn with lots of salt and butter," relates Mildred Davis from Hagerstown, Maryland. "It gets nice zip from a coating of chili powder, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8-1/2 cups popped popcorn
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Add popcorn; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Close bag and shake. Continue spritzing and shaking until popcorn is coated.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 79 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chili Popcorn in Light & Tasty February/March 2002