- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the hot dogs, onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, mustard, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with hot dog mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChili Spaghetti with Hot Dogs
"My five year old asked that I make this recipe for every meal we have for the rest of his life. While my husband and I weren't as in love with it as he was, it is going to be something that is added into our normal menu"
"This was pretty quick to cook up for lunch. It was a good for a hot dog recipe. I added a 1/4 cup of brown sugar just for kicks. I would make this again when ever I have leftover hot dogs in the package from the grill."
"I thought this was just okay. However, this dish made quite the impression on my daughter and she's requested a couple of times since."
"This was an excellent alternative to the traditional spaghetti dinner."
"Left out the hot dogs and used hot chili powder. Fabulous side dish for those who like it spicy!"