This pleasantly mild seasoning blend is a great way to perk up fish, poultry and meat. Shake a little of it on the table, just as you would salt, suggests Millie Osburn of Winona, Missouri.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 6 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 teaspoon: 4 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Chili-Scented Seasoning in Light & Tasty June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.