This pleasantly mild seasoning blend is a great way to perk up fish, poultry and meat. Shake a little of it on the table, just as you would salt, suggests Millie Osburn of Winona, Missouri.
Recommended: 20 Iconic American Chili Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Chili-Scented Seasoning in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p13