Chili Sausage Supper Recipe
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water, sugar, chili powder and salt if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 2. Gradually stir 1/2 cup hot sausage mixture into sour cream; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 465 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Chili Sausage Supper
"Amazing! I doubled the recipe and the water was a little low. I added an additional half cup. Loved it!"