Chili Sausage Supper
The pork sausage in this savory dish offers plenty of flavor, and the chili powder adds a little kick. “It’s a nice supper that’s very easy to prepare,” says Phillis Moore of Excelsior Springs, Missouri.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water, sugar, chili powder and salt if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Gradually stir 1/2 cup hot sausage mixture into sour cream; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook until heated through.