The pork sausage in this savory dish offers plenty of flavor, and the chili powder adds a little kick. “It’s a nice supper that’s very easy to prepare,” says Phillis Moore of Excelsior Springs, Missouri.
Recommended: 55 Cafeteria Copycat Recipes That'll Take You Back
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water, sugar, chili powder and salt if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Gradually stir 1/2 cup hot sausage mixture into sour cream; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili Sausage Supper in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p51
Reviews forChili Sausage Supper
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2015
"Amazing! I doubled the recipe and the water was a little low. I added an additional half cup. Loved it!"