Chili Sauce Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup chili sauce, egg white, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a 9x4-in. loaf; place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Brush with remaining chili sauce. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 244 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Apr 24, 2019
Very tasty meatloaf! The chili sauce in and on top of it gave it a very good zesty taste. It held together well also.
Jul 11, 2013
One of the best meatloaf recipes I have made in a long time. Using Oatmeal brought back memories of my Mother's meatloaf.
Apr 9, 2013
I used a 1/2 lean ground beef and 1/2 lean ground turkey, and just made sure the temperature was 165 degrees F.
Feb 11, 2013
My family loves this recipe. it has become our favorite meatloaf.We love the sweet and spicy sauce on top it gives a nice kick.Our Granddaughters love it too!
Apr 20, 2012
I think there are other meat loaf recipes I would prefer. A bit too much garlic and not enough topping to meet our tastes. Also a bit crumbly - may want to add more oats. It was certainly OK, just perhaps not a keeper.
Jan 22, 2012
I have made this many times and my husband and I just love it.
Jun 1, 2011
This was moist and tangy..good flavor. Next time I will add 1/4 more of oats so it doesn't crumbled..but I will make it again...thankyou
Jan 23, 2011
TASTY AND NICELY MOIST
Mar 13, 2010
This was good. I made it it in my muffin pan to speed up the cooking time.
Feb 15, 2010
This was ok, had great flavor, but needed more chili sauce on top. Also, the meatloaf tended to crumble as soon as I removed it from the pan. Flavor was good, but wasn't "to die for." Most likely will not make this recipe again.