Chili-Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
Chili powder gives gorgeous color to tasty turkey breast. When weather permits, I've been know to prepare it on the grill.—Sara Nowacki, Franklin, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub half of mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Rub skin with remaining mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing; discard toothpicks. Yield: 10 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 371 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for Chili-Roasted Turkey Breast
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC