Chili powder gives gorgeous color to tasty turkey breast. When weather permits, I've been know to prepare it on the grill.—Sara Nowacki, Franklin, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub half of mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Rub skin with remaining mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing; discard toothpicks. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chili-Roasted Turkey Breast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p126