Chili Rice Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 307 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Oct 6, 2015
The flavor was very bland. You could taste too much of the tomato sauce. I would definitely beef up the spices in this for sure. I also cooked the rice separately as I've done a recipe like this before and the rice never cooked in the liquid that was left in the pan. Just not enough of it.
Aug 15, 2011
Didn't change a thing, lots of flavor. My daughters new favorite dinner!
Jul 17, 2010
My daughter made this for us at supper last night . We all liked it and it was fast and easy
Apr 22, 2010
This was a quick hearty dish that I will make again. . . I added two cloves of garlic along with the ground beef and veggies and served cornbread on the side. Add red pepper flakes or hot sauce if you want to spice it up a bit. . . Definitely a go-to dish for busy nights!
Jan 29, 2010
This was good but it wasn't great. It was easy to make though!
Jul 13, 2008
this is delicious! my brother doesn't like rice,but he loved this dish!