- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forChili Rice Dinner
"The flavor was very bland. You could taste too much of the tomato sauce. I would definitely beef up the spices in this for sure. I also cooked the rice separately as I've done a recipe like this before and the rice never cooked in the liquid that was left in the pan. Just not enough of it."
"Didn't change a thing, lots of flavor. My daughters new favorite dinner!"
"My daughter made this for us at supper last night . We all liked it and it was fast and easy"
"This was good but it wasn't great. It was easy to make though!"
"this is delicious! my brother doesn't like rice,but he loved this dish!"