Chili Rice Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients; stir well. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until rice is tender. Stir in cheese during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 389 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1048mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2018
I chose to make the chili in my Dutch oven on the stovetop rather than the crockpot. I also omitted the rice and serve the chili ON the rice. It had a nice flavor.
Feb 8, 2017
Very bland and the rice all but disappeared while cooking. I will not be making this again.
Dec 31, 2010
I thought this recipe was anything BUT gooey and bland. I used brown rice and because I forgot to get onions, I substituted 1 1/2 t. onion powder. Still came out great but next time I want to use regular onions. :-) I was expecting there to be more liquid (like regular chili) but maybe with "Casserole" in the name, there isn't supposed to be. Will definitely make again. Avery
Oct 13, 2009
This was absolutely wonderful! I only had mild Italian sausage, so used that. So easy! So many complements! I will cut the salt to 1/2 t. next time. Everything else I will keep the same.
Oct 11, 2009
excellent recipe, definitely would make again. I used ground beef and my DH added some salsa (medium) to it for a little zip---great!!! Thanks for sharing.
Oct 10, 2009
It was a gooy mess....tasteless and bland
Oct 8, 2009
tried this one yesterday---very good--hubby loved it--I did add chips in last---oh my it was tasty---thank you