Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- Sprinkle green chilies in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with beef. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into cheese mixture until blended. Pour over the beef. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 28, 2013
This was an out-of-the-ordinary, simple, and lowish-carb (if you care about such things, which I don't) main dish. My family liked it, even the two-year-old.
Jan 3, 2011
This recipe is a simplified version of stuffed chile rellenos but it tastes just as good. The cans of chopped green chiles save A LOT of time as you don't need to roast your own peppers.We like to put a little ketchup on top of each serving; it gives it that last little touch.
Jun 22, 2010
this is the best.. I made use a smaller baking dish next time and mix all the ingres. together and try that. but the taste is fab...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.