This omelet, stuffed with cheese, olives and sour cream and topped with zippy taco sauce, is easy to prepare. It makes a wonderfully filling main dish that's great for breakfast, lunch or supper.—Pamela Immekus, Sullivan, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add cheese, olives, chilies, salt and pepper. In a 10-in. skillet, heat the butter until it sizzles; turn pan to coat. Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift eggs, letting the uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon sour cream across center; fold in half. Transfer to a warm plate; top with taco sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 429 calories, 35g fat (19g saturated fat), 501mg cholesterol, 925mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Chili Omelet in Taste of Home February/March 1996
Jan 12, 2010
I would really like the recipe for the picture you call an omelet. This ain't no omelet.
Sep 24, 2009
The picture doesn't look much like an omelete to me. Am I wrong?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.