Chili Non Carne
You won't miss the meat in this zesty chili, which gets its fantastic flavor from veggies, beans and a nice blend of seasonings.—Janis Winfrey, Beulah, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil. Add the zucchini, carrots, chili powder, oregano, basil and cumin; mix well. Add tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until tender.