Chili ‘n’ Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions, divided
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef and 1/2 cup onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili seasoning, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili beans and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine 2 cups cheese and remaining onion. Divide cheese mixture evenly on the tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and arrange, seam side down, on top of the chili mixture. Top with picante sauce and remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Oct 4, 2016
This is a keeper recipe in this house! I did the shortcut that someone suggested, and used canned chili, and it works out well!
Nov 4, 2015
Really fun & delicious way of making enchiladas! (good idea on adding rice too) Dh stated we could have these again, which for him is high praise. I did use corn tortillas and fried them briefly first. A winner!
Nov 3, 2015
Really good! I was pretty nervous it would turn out funky, but we loved it! Awesome mix of chili and enchilada. I put rice inside the enchiladas was the only difference.
Jul 14, 2012
Insted of making the chili in the recipe, I just used a can of chili and put cheese in side the tortia shell and then cheese on top. My picky family loved it!