No one will guess that the secret to this taste-tempting entree is yesterday's chili. A jar of spaghetti sauce combined with Amy's specialty creates the ideal sauce for this cheese-filled manicotti. Topped with mozzarella, the mouthwatering meal will receive rave reviews...and requests for seconds.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Four-Bean Taco Chili
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside. Combine the chili and spaghetti sauce; pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Rinse and rain manicotti shells; stuff with cheese mixture. Place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chili Manicotti in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p48
Reviews forChili Manicotti
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2014
"Waw! It?s looks so amazing, i hope anyone tried this, Hope to make this one day? Thanks for the Ingrediants."