No one will guess that the secret to this taste-tempting entree is yesterday's chili. A jar of spaghetti sauce combined with Amy's specialty creates the ideal sauce for this cheese-filled manicotti. Topped with mozzarella, the mouthwatering meal will receive rave reviews...and requests for seconds.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 10 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Four-Bean Taco Chili
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside. Combine the chili and spaghetti sauce; pour half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Rinse and rain manicotti shells; stuff with cheese mixture. Place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Originally published as Chili Manicotti in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.