Why buy a pricey bagged snack mix when you can easily make a better-tasting one at home? Create a Southwestern sensation with chili powder, cayenne pepper and a twist of lime. —Julie Beckwith, Crete, Illinois
Featured In: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup corn nuts
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Chili-Lime Snack Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p99
Reviews forChili-Lime Snack Mix
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2015
"This sounds delicious. Any idea if it would work on only almonds? Love these almonds from the store."