Chili-Lime Shrimp Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 24 pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- On each of 12 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, alternately thread two shrimp and two red pepper pieces. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 32 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2012
The marinade for this recipe is excellent. Next time I plan on using jumbo shrimp to make them a bit juicier as the medium sized shrimp dried out a little on the barbeque.