Chili-Lime Shrimp Kabobs
Lime and chili add a kick that really make this recipe pop. Plus, the grilled peppers are a great way to get my family to eat veggies. —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 24 pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- On each of 12 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, alternately thread two shrimp and two red pepper pieces. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 32 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Feb 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2012
The marinade for this recipe is excellent. Next time I plan on using jumbo shrimp to make them a bit juicier as the medium sized shrimp dried out a little on the barbeque.