Looking for a lighter snack that's still a crowd-pleaser? You've found it! Chili-Lime Roasted Chickpeas will have everyone happily munching. —Julie Ruble, Charlotte, North Carolina
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking sheet with foil. Spread chickpeas in a single layer over foil. Remove any loose skins. Bake until very crunchy, 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining ingredients. Remove chickpeas from oven; let cool 5 minutes. Drizzle with oil mixture; shake pan to coat. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Chili-Lime Roasted Chickpeas in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p12