Looking for a lighter snack that's still a crowd-pleaser? You've found it! Chili-Lime Roasted Chickpeas will have everyone happily munching. —Julie Ruble, Charlotte, North Carolina
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking sheet with foil. Spread chickpeas in a single layer over foil. Remove any loose skins. Bake until very crunchy, 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining ingredients. Remove chickpeas from oven; let cool 5 minutes. Drizzle with oil mixture; shake pan to coat. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Chili-Lime Roasted Chickpeas in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p12
Reviews forChili-Lime Roasted Chickpeas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2017
"My new favorite snack! The limes give it the tiniest hint of sweetness."