- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Sprinkle over fillets and rub evenly over all sides. Tuck any thin part of the fillets under for even cooking. Put prepared fillets in a medium or large ZIPLOC Brand Zip 'n Steam Bag, placing thicker portions toward outer edge of bag. Seal bag and place in microwave.
- Cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes for 1/2-in. thick fillets. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until fillets flake easily with a fork. Let stand 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag. Use spatula to remove fillets from bag.
- Spoon lime juice and butter over fillets. Garnish the fillets with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chili Lime Cod
"I've never cooked fish fillets in the microwave; they came out perfectly. Love the chili-lime taste. Would make these again. I used thinner, thawed fillets that cooked in 2 minutes. Next time I will use fresh, thicker cut fish. I can also see using this spice taste on shrimp!!!"