Chili Jack Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter an oil for 10 minutes; drain. Add the broth, chilies, mustard, garlic and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the cream; simmer until thickened. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 582 calories, 46g fat (24g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Chili Jack Chicken
"We had this chicken dish tonight and I loved it. The only changes I made to the recipe was instead of chopped green chilies, which I didn't have, I added a chopped jalapeno (without seeds or ribs). Also, I used evaporated milk instead of whipping cream. The jalapenos really didn't give it much flavor so I will use the can of chilies next time. It was still good. I recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."