- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hot dogs, cooked
- 8 hot dog buns
- Chopped onion and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, brown beef and garlic; drain. Stir in next six ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Serve over hot dogs on buns. Top with onion and cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChili Dogs
"This is close enough to my Mom's recipe to give this 5 stars. I haven't had them in a long time since I saw what all is in a hot dog and I miss them something terrible! I grew up on these. I could eat 4 of them. We didn't put cheese on ours but HAD to have onions."
"i like to eat healthy so this has to many calories and carb. for me"
"This is a little too much tomato paste for me, I cut it down to 1/2 can..Tastes much better to us."