Chili Dog Spaghetti
"On a warm summer day when I didn't feel like heating the oven, I created this recipe," recalls Karen Fehr. The Fairbury, Illinois cook uses leftover hot dogs, convenient canned items and shredded cheese to prepare her quick main dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (26-1/4 ounces each) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute hot dogs, onion, garlic powder and pepper in oil. Add the spaghetti, chili and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 322 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1166mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Chili Dog Spaghetti in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.