"On a warm summer day when I didn't feel like heating the oven, I created this recipe," recalls Karen Fehr. The Fairbury, Illinois cook uses leftover hot dogs, convenient canned items and shredded cheese to prepare her quick main dish.
Recommended: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (26-1/4 ounces each) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese,divided
- In a large skillet, saute hot dogs, onion, garlic powder and pepper in oil. Add the spaghetti, chili and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chili Dog Spaghetti in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p48
Reviews forChili Dog Spaghetti
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2012
"My family liked this. A good recipe to throw together when you are short on time."