Chili Dog Fries
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups frozen french-fried potatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the chili, hot dogs and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve over fries; sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 616 calories, 35g fat (15g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 9g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 12, 2012
I didn't really like this recipe. It sounded so good but I think the hotdogs and/or onions made the chili really watery.
Mar 19, 2009
i make a similar dish quite often in the summer but use fresh potato slices...partially cooked on the microwave...as a "bed" for the chili dogs...less fattening and kids like the "funny" look of the meal.