Chili Cornmeal Crescents
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the cornmeal, sugar, egg, oil, chili powder, salt, and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up each wedge, starting with wide end. Place on greased baking sheet; curve into a crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for about 20 minutes or until browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 129 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 26, 2012
These were very good with the exception of I could not taste much of the chili. Could have been my chili powder. I will try a chili paste next time. Will make again. Great with a steaming hot bowl of Chili.