Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Sprinkle a greased 13x9-in. baking pan with 1 tablespoon of cornmeal; set aside. In a bowl, combine the salt, baking soda and remaining cornmeal.
- In another bowl, beat eggs; add corn, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Layer with beef, cheese, chilies and onion. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 420 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Nov 29, 2016
Apr 4, 2011
Very easy to prepare. However, I found it to be a bit bland tasting. I think if I make it again I would use half ground beef and half sausage.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.