Chili Cornbread Wedges
With a little help from a boxed mix and a can of green chilies, you'll have no trouble baking a pan of this sweet moist corn bread. Serve these thick slices alongside bowls of your family's favorite soup or chili. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Place cornbread mix in a large bowl. Combine the milk, egg, chiles and sugar; stir into cornbread mix just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 165 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chili Corn Bread Wedges in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Sep 26, 2011
Fixed this for lunch with baked beans. It was delicious as small pieces were dipped in the sauce of the beans. This recipe will be made many more times in the future.