Chili Corn Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and chili powder. In a small bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, oil, onion and chilies. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 198 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chili Corn Muffins
"My family loves these - I did cut back a bit on the sugar - trying to use less - and they were just perfect"
"Sooo good!!! My husband thought they were great, also. Went so well with the Green Bean, Potato bake that we had tonight. We see why both of these were contest winners."