Chili Corn Dip
This recipe came from friends who live in Australia. The unusual "Down Under" dip goes over big here in the Northeast!—Judy Ward, Centereach, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Place corn in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. In a large skillet, saute onion and chili powder in butter for 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add corn and cheddar cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the bacon, sour cream and pepper. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 142 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chili Corn Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008