Chili Corn Dip
This recipe came from friends who live in Australia. The unusual "Down Under" dip goes over big here in the North East!—Judy Ward, Centereach, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Place corn in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. In a large skillet, saute onion and chili powder in butter for 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add corn and cheddar cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the bacon, sour cream and pepper. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 142 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chili Corn Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.