Chili Corn Bread Wedges
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Place corn bread mix in a large bowl. Combine the milk, egg, chilies and sugar; stir into corn bread mix just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 165 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 26, 2011
Fixed this for lunch with baked beans. It was delicious as small pieces were dipped in the sauce of the beans. This recipe will be made many more times in the future.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.