- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, oregano and sage. Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble half of the corn bread into a 13x9-in. dish. Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forChili Corn Bread Salad
"This was one of our new favorite dishes. I made it exactly as instructed and it was delicious. Next time I might make a little extra of the sour cream mixture or have a jar of salsa along side. It was just a little dry but the cornbread really made this dish special."
"Did not use the bacon in order to make it vegetarian. Received rave reviews. A good option for potlucks."
"Excellent!!! Followed the recipe exactly, would not change a thing. The whole family loved it, will be making again and again."
"This sounds like something my family would like. I will try this when I get home."
"I made for a church potluck and got many recipe requests. This is delicious."
"This recipe is great but I cut it in half for our use. It still made two 8 x8 pans. I mix everything together. Did not like the layering as all the flavors don't get mixed together. I also just used ranch dressing from the bottle rather than the packet and the sour cream and mayo. It was a hit, everyone loved it and no leftovers."
"This is very, very good. I'm only feeding a family of four so I used just 1 can of pinto beans and 1 can of shoepeg corn. Also, I cut down the green pepper and green onion to 1/4 cup each and sauteed them together for a couple of minutes. One family member won't eat mayo so I subbed plain greek yogurt and it tasted great. This dish tastes even better after being refrigerated for 24 hrs."
"This recipe just caught my attention and I had to try it. Thanks for sharing, will be a family recipe for sure!"
"I have made this for years, it also tastes really good as a dip with frito scoops!! Love it.."