These chops make a delicious meal. They're a definite favorite at our house. I like to serve them over rice along with fresh-from-the-oven corn bread.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 green pepper rings
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil; drain. Remove the chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine soup, beans, onion, chili powder and garlic powder in the same skillet. Arrange chops over the soup mixture. Cover and bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until the chops are tender. Top each with a green pepper ring. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more.
Originally published as Chili Chops in Country Extra January 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.